12th Edition new features
Key new features:
The GenStat Server has been upgraded to Release 12.1
- Release 12.1 includes 2 new directives, 42 new procedures and 41 new functions.
New supported file formats
- Support for Cornell ecology file formats.
- Support for MapQTL loc and map files.
- Support for R/QTL rotated comma-delimited separate genotype (csvsr) files.
- Support for Stata 10 files.
- Ability to include oblique axes.
- Interactive tools including hotpoints to show/hide items.
New statistical and graphics menus
- Quantile regression menu for fitting quantile regression models.
- Parallel regression analyses.
- Ability to display confidence intervals for parameter estimates.
- Ability to link to CycDesigN.
Analysis of Variance
- Display all standard error of differences in General Analysis of Variance menu.
- Trellis plot of means.
- Biplots added to principal components and canonical variates analysis menus.
- Permutation tests availible for MANOVA.
- Hot deck imputation menu for survey data.
- GGE biplot menu.
- Menu for calculating stability coefficients.
- QTL workbook for storing data structures for use within QTL menus.
- Menus for importing phenotypic and genotypic data.
- Preliminary single environment analysis of phenotypic traits using mixed model analysis.
- Summary statistics between environments menu.
- Selecting the best variance-covariance model for a set of environments.
- Display genetic map and diagnostic plots of marker genotype scores.
- Calculating genetic predictors for QTL analysis.
- QTL Genome scan menu using simple and composite interval mapping.
New spreadsheet facilities
- Ability to display a single 3+ way table or multiple 2+ way tables within a tabbed table.
- Highlight rows in a spreadsheet from points selected using data info within the Graphics Viewer.
- Factor divide menu allowing a set of factors to be formed with a set of levels for every level of another
- Factor standarize menu allowing a set of factors to be standardized so that the levels or labels are the same
for all factors.
- Shortcut function keys on the Calculate submenu of the Spread menu have been changed.
- A Guide to the GenStat Spreadsheet.
- A Guide to Survey Analysis in GenStat.