15th (SP1) edition new features
The 15th (SP1) edition of GenStat includes many new features and enhancements including:
GenStat Server upgraded to Release 15.1
- Release 15.1 includes 5 new directives, 31 new procedures and 3 new functions.
- Improved support for pointers with text suffixes in the spreadsheet and SPLOAD directive.
- Column format tables so that multiple 2 or more way tables can be displayed in the spreadsheet.
New supported file formats
- New compact format for spreadsheet (gsh) files (version 15 format).
- Minitab version 14-16 worksheets.
- R version 2.15 data frames.
- Exporting colours to Excel 2007-2010 (.xlsx) files.
- Opening old Excel files (.xls), generated by GenStat, within Excel 2010 will display a warning that can be safely ignored.
- Display headers and footers when printing graphs.
- Full page printing of graphs using the A4 Portrait/Landscape settings of the areas list in the Frame tab of the graphics menus.
- Table calculate menu.
- Table sort menu.
- Menus to combine levels and slice tables.
- Ability to rearrange the display of tables in the spreadsheet using the convert menu.
- New statistical menus and enhancements
- Summary tables and frequency tables menus are able save multiple tables to a single sheet using the new column format spreadsheet tables.
Analysis of variance
- New option to display warnings produced by homogeneity, normality and stability tests in the general analysis of variance menu.
- Functional linear relationship menu for fitting a functional linear relationship where both Y and X have errors.
- New individual/animal model menu.
- New parental model menu.
- Form kinship matrix menu for creating a kinship matrix of coancestries.